Sunday 5 February 2012

Delicious desserts!

Hi.  The time ran away with me yesterday and I wanted to let you know that I finally baked! And I did do everything that I thought that I said I would - I baked my cupcakes, made my marshmallows and my creme brulee.  This is going to be a real brief review of the recipes I used.

I got the marshmallows recipe off David Lebovitz's site here and it was fun, hassle free and they look promising!!  They are currently drying out (overnight) so hopefully they will work.  The stuff that's in my baking tins looks (and tastes) better than anything I have bought.  If they work, there is no way that I could ever buy them again!  I would highly recommend trying this recipe.  Besides - they reminds me of the snow. :-)
I also went online for the creme brulee recipe by Angela Nilsen on the BBC Good Food website.  It was fairly easy to follow although it could have been written up more simply.  It was important to read ahead though (Which I don't always do...) and know that you need a fine sieve and a large bowl as well.  Yummy, very sweet custard.  I will be brulee'ing them tomorrow evening so will let you know how they taste.

The cupcakes were from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and I realised just how well I knew the recipe when I knocked them together in under 10 minutes and they rose like never before!!  These really are my cupcakes of choice and I now tweak the recipe as I would have it!  I would highly recommend this cookbook.  they have an unusual and messy mixing method but it works!! I was virtually dust free tonight though which is always brilliant!  So - that was my evening.  What did you do with yours?

I'll post photos tomorrow  :-)   (and I do remember that I owe you snow photos too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment