Sunday 1 January 2012

Recipe one: Hummingbird chocolate cupcakes with Primrose Bakery Marshmallow Icing

Hi.  Welcome to our blog!  This is going to be an interesting year - hopefully one that is full of good food, good experiences and delicious smells in our kitchen! I embarked on our first recipe this afternoon - "start as you mean to go on" as they say.  It was relatively easy to make the cupcakes, if you can forgive the chocolate dust that rise up and rest on everything in your kitchen as you mix the dry ingredients with the butter.  A good trick I have found is to use a clean tea towel to cover the bowl whilst mixing and this eliminates most dust.  Do not, as I did, get your tea towel stuck between the paddles of your electric whisk as this greatly complicates and elongates the process! :-)

Although I (Dudz) have made the cupcakes the review is actually about the marshmallow icing from the Primrose Bakery Cookbook.  The ingredients are as follows:
- granulated sugar
- golden syrup
- water (!)
- egg whites
- good quality vanilla extract

I have made the cupcakes so tomorrow I will make the icing and write the first review....  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. They LOOK good and I can't wait to try!!! :)

    ReplyDelete